Saturday, November 3, 2012

WHAT'S THE WORD? {NaNoWriMo Day 2 Recap}

3 hours and 600 words in last night, I was staring, eyes glazed over like a zombie at my computer screen. Trying my hardest to think of a word.

A simple word. 
A word I knew.
A word I used.
A word that for no reason should be evading me.

It was right there on the end of my tongue. 
What the hell is it?
Read what I just wrote, trying to see what fits.
Pace the bedroom because I can't move forward until I figure out this word. Google what I'm trying to say hoping that the internet will sort the rest out for me....no such luck.
Go upstairs to get a drink, talk to Alex a min...

LANDSCAPING!

That's it that's the word! runs to computer to type it in, husband looks up phone number to nearest mental institution. 

These are things that I swear only happen to writers. Can you imagine if it happened on a daily basis? I'd be at McDonald's  placing my order... I'd get stuck on a word, give up and walk away. Then minutes later, run screaming at the cashier: "CHEESEBURGER!!!" 



Okay, let's get back to the recap from last night. I rounded out with 2,745 - but this is a bit off as I have some of my character sketches included in my "compile".  Basically, in "non writer" the program I am using to write is counting words in my research toward my goal of 50,000 words. This isn't cool, so I'm sorting out how to remove them from being counted. I've called in the big guns, e-mailing Scrivener master and all around kick-ass Author, Corrine Jackson to help. 

Here's a crappy screen shot of my stats from NaNoWriMo.org last night. I know, day two nothing really to see here. Well, I laughed and laughed when I saw what the "expected date to finish this book if I keep at this pace" was....Nov 11th.

Excuse me a moment. Bwhahahahahahahahahahaha! *gasp* Hahahahahaha! Ha. No.

I am in no way expecting to actually keep up at "over achieving" at word counts this month. In fact, I'm so happy I'm currently ahead in my total, simply because this will keep me from dropping into a ball on the floor sobbing in defeat the first time I don't make my goal for a day. Not to mention, if I could write a 50K book in 11 days, the level of suckage it would posses would be off the charts. I wouldn't even be able to edit it, I would simply print it out so I could give it a proper burial in the fire pit out back. 


  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, in Scrivener there's a little check box that says INCLUDE IN COMPILE above the Notes section of every page. Just unclick ;) Glad you're having fun! I've been ricking my word count too--mostly because I KNOW there'll be days coming where I can't write at all. Definitely need that cushion

Post a Comment