Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Catch Up Recap {NaNoWriMo}

I was sick for 3 days. 

This means 3 days with no writing. 3 days filled with dragging my self around at a snails pace. 3 days of:
Cough. Disinfect. Repeat.

I'm officially out of Clorox wipes and Kleenex. Luckily I never confused the two.  Ouch. 

Yesterday I finally psyched myself up enough to write. Even though technically I was still sick and I felt like my head was going to explode I was WAY behind and had to at least put some effort into catching up. If I didn't I'd do something to typically me: give up. You know, look down the road, see that the finish line is too far off and just go "Eff it! I made it this far"

So I set my daily goal at something reasonable. Something reachable. 500 words. Just a simply 500 words.

By the end of the night, I wrote almost 6,000 words. I had to check the word count 3 times to make sure it was right. 


Then I went back and made sure I didn't, oh I don't know...pass out on the keyboard and type the letter 'R' 6 thousand times. Nope, all actual (and mostly correctly spelled) words. I'm still in shock. Apparently cold medicine induced writing black outs are good for me?

All I can think now is that editing that should be fun....I imagine it will go something like this:



As for the rest of things here, I have quite smoking. Well, the cold forced me too, so that's a plus...unless you live with me because if you think I'm a pill when I'm 100% healthy, give me a cold and take away my cigarettes and see how long you last. I'm not saying anyone is in danger, but prayers for my family would be nice and oh, donations for their future therapy bills. 

I did manage to get over the depression about "my book" already being written. I took what I had, added some more blood and violence and will let the rest take it's course as I write. Basically my book now looks like it has a serious personality disorder instead of just a potential one, but that's fine. That's what editing (aka December) is for! *wink*


xoxo - Amber








  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment